So here are a few other things we’ve been up to on and off the digital slopes:
A new year. Again. The older you get the quicker it rattles past. I’ve got a list for self-improvement that stretches beyond the bounds of the reasonable, particularly learning R and bolstering/remembering my stats chops.
Over in DWG world I’ve been busy with a spot of interesting benchmarking assignments as well as polishing off a couple of research papers (members only I’m afraid) one on the current state of employee directories, and one on “Measuring Communications”. I’ve also done a load more in a series of digital workplace posts for DWG, which seem to have been very positively received :
- Why do most organizations ignore the digital workplace? DWG Blog 21st November 2013
- Why is the intranet still important in the era of the digital workplace? DWG Blog 3rd December 2013
- Should the intranet team manage the digital workplace? DWG Blog 17th December 2013
- What’s different between intranet management and digital workplace management? DWG Blog 8th January 2014
Other than that it was Christmas break and spending time with the family as we watched the salty Brighton rain slosh against the windows, and with the South Coast greyer than an actuary’s suit I didn’t get to shoot a frame that didn’t include a hat from a Christmas Cracker.
For the past six weeks or so I’ve been working on various different projects. I’ve got a lot of work-in-progress.. Little bits here and there. Intranets. Writing. I’ve even co-presented IBF Live. Oh, and there was all that Christmas and New Year stuff. I am also fantastically hungry because I am trying to lose weight, as well as doing that seven minute work-out thing every day which featured in the New York Times.
The writing I have done on my personal Two Hives blog and elsewhere is also a little bit random, but includes a focus on a South Korean steel company who are doing very interesting things with their digital workplace, some fence-sitting intranet predictions for 2014 plus a look at the freelancing crowdsourcing markets, which is basically nothing to do with intranets. Here are the links:
- And my intranet predictions for 2014 are,…er, more of what we saw in 2013 Two Hives 5 January 2014
- The global freelance platforms grow up Outsource Magazine, 2 January 2014
- The smarter workplace programme: POSCO’s adventures in the digital workplace Two Hives 9 December 2013